This is Busy Bear's Page

And This is Busy Bear's Story...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Am Busy Bear!

I can bearly believe I am 50 years old! I sure don’t feel that old. Sure, my fur is thinning and I have a few loose stitches, but I’m still as soft and cuddly as the day I was stuffed. Oh yeah, and my tongue was ripped out early on, but I learned to compensate for that by becoming a really good listener.

Thankfully, I still have my wit, charm, sense of humor, and both of my glass eyes. I am a deep thinker, easily distracted, and tend to waffle when making decisions...which is probably why I am always so gosh darn busy all the time! But all 'n all, for a bear my age, I think I’m still pretty well put together.

My cuddler (owner) and I are very close...in fact, we’ve never been apart! Oh the stories I could, and intend to tell! We share so many happy memories...as well as some bad ones. For instance, “The Clothes-Line Incident”...when my cuddler toddled home from kindergarten one day only to be greeted by a freshly washed, soaking wet and unstuffed ME hanging by my ears from clothespins on the clothesline! She thought I was dead! After witnessing such a horrific sight, she pretty much fell apart at the seams too.

And then, there was the Christmas when my cuddler’s parents gave her a “brand new” teddy bear. Hey, I welcomed the idea having of another bear around to keep me company...but little did we know this was not just a new bear, but a “replacement bear.”

Upon hearing that her parents intended to put me in a plastic bag and store me in the attic for "safe-keeping"...my cuddler threw “Replacement Bear” across the room and ran straight into her bedroom where she grabbed me, stuffed me into a pillow case, told me to “be very quiet” and hid me in her closet. Then she cried her little heart out until her parents agreed to get rid of the evil “Replacement Bear!” Of course, we now understand that her parents meant well, but at the time...it was very traumatic.

So as you can tell, I have led a very busy and eventful life...and I am looking forward to sharing more of my stories and memories with you, and to hearing from you about yours! You can email me at imabusybear@yahoo.com.

Gotta go now....because I am a very Busy Bear!

9 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Great story ... great page!

I would have hid you in my pillow case too :-)

Busy Bear said...

Thank you! But the pillow case was kinda scare-eee....

fracas said...

Well at least now I can finally figure out who is who. Sheesh. I almost had a breakdown several hours ago, trying to make sense of it all.

You three should know better than to put all that stress on a Canadian. We're just not used to it.

;-)

MYM said...

OMG! Unsuffed!? That's horrifying. At least I kept all my stuffing during my unfortunate bath incident.

The little girl who owned me was spoiled rotten and had 100s of toys and bears and dolls...sheesh. I feel grateful that I was in her top 5 favourites at least :)

Busy Bear said...

Sorry to alarm your Fracas! I've been having a hard time keeping track of exactly who I am these days too! :)
~BB

Busy Bear said...

Hello Drowsey! Becoming unstuffed is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a Teddy Bear...as Grumpy Ted says, "I'd rather not talk about it."
~BB

SnOwY bEaR said...

ooo the washing line incident sounds scary ... mind you I have a washing line tale to tell & it doesn't make pleasant reading (involves 2 older brothers of my cuddler ... wince)

My identity crisis is getting worse by the day .... what day is it? Who am I ?? what am I doing here ?.........lol :-)

Grumpy Ted said...

OK I've read it now ...... you seem to have survived quite well....... considering.

Now I remember the time when ..... actually, I really don't want to talk about that ........ ever!

Busy Bear said...

Oh Snowy - You're asking ME?!?!? LOL!!

Grumpy - Thanks for finally reading my story. What DO you wan tto talk about?!?!?